We are in need of hiring a teaching candidate at our school – Kenneth Burdett School of the Deaf in Ogden, Utah. It is a great school to work for! Our principal is Deaf, and we have great students here. We are looking for a teachers who is fluent in ASL, innovative and collaborative. Don’t let this opportunity pass you by.
PLEASE SHARE AWAY!
Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind
Educator for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing – ASL/English
Location: Kenneth Burdett School; Ogden, UT
The Utah Schools for the Deaf and the Blind (USDB) invites you to consider an enjoyable and gratifying employment opportunity with our school. We are looking for two caring and motivated Educators for the Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing, located at the Kenneth Burdett School in Ogden.
As an Instructor you will:
• Provide appropriate programming for deaf/hard-of-hearing students
• Develops lesson plans that incorporate the Utah State Core Curriculum, adapts curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilizes effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning
• Teach subject matter, utilizing the course of study adopted by the Board of Education, correlated with other
appropriate learning activities.
• Establish and maintain standard of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning environment.
• Understand and use computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess or eligibility of:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Deaf Education (Masters degree preferred)
• American Sign Language skills required with an ASLPI rating of 3 or better.
• State of Utah Deaf Education License or State of Utah Special Education Teaching License with Deaf/HH endorsement
• Preference will be given to deaf/hard-of-hearing individuals.
• Successful completion of a criminal background check
Compensation Salary based on Teacher Salary Schedule commensurate with education and experience. This position is eligible for a full benefits package including medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, retirement plan, personal and sick leave, and other valuable benefits.
Those interested in these positions may apply by submitting a letter specifically addressing the qualifications listed in this announcement, a current resume, transcripts, copy of teaching license, ASLPI score, and a list of 3 or more professional references.
Please send all application materials to:
Melanie Butters, Human Resource Analyst
Utah Schools for the Deaf and Blind
742 Harrison Blvd., Ogden, UT 84404
The State of Utah is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. Reasonable accommodations provided to known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, contact the Dept. of Human Resource Mgmt. at 801-538-3025.