Sego Lily Center for the Abused Deaf have a job opening position which is full time Case Manager/Victim Advocate.
Case Manager/Advocate (40 hours $15.83/hr with benefits)
• Maintains client data spreadsheet (services provided to clients) and gathers information for quarterly progress reports.
• Provides direct victim advocacy services such as accompany victims to hospitals, police station, courthouse and safe shelters.
• Respond to crisis calls and provide emotional support to victims • Conduct intake interviews and safety planning
• Coordinates services with rural/urban advocates
• Assist victims with filing protective orders and other legal proceedings
• Provide information and referral for medical, legal services, and counseling
• Provides case management services: housing, medical, financial, information/referral, self-advocacy, and education.
• Attends local domestic violence coalition meetings or service coordination meetings • Reports to the Executive Director
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but High School Diploma and Associate Degrees will be considered if certification/degree or experience is related to this field
• Good listening skills
• Strong bilingual skills (ASL and English)
• Strong crisis intervention and problem solving skills
• Strong computer skills preferred
• Ability to work as a member of a team
• Has a good relationship with the Deaf Community
• Familiar with community resources and legal procedures such as the ADA
• Must pass criminal background check
Please submit your resume and 3 reference contacts to email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1st, 2019 OR UNTIL FILLED
For questions about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org