Elk Ridge Middle School Performing Arts Presents
Disney’s The Lion King, Jr.
Elk Ridge Middle School in South Jordan (3659 West 9800 So) is looking for deaf actors and/or ASL interpreters ages 12-18 (7th grade to senior in high school) for our school musical this year! We need 12-15 actors. We are hoping to do shadow interpreting and we would prefer to use actors who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing with some hearing actors. If needed, we can use students in ASL 3 from high schools.
• WHEN: November 1st and 2nd 6-7 p.m.
• WHERE: Elk Ridge Middle School (3659 West 9800 So).
• AUDITION TIMES: this is an open call. Auditions will be done in order of arrival. Please arrive on time.
• PREPARE: the signing (ASL) for one of the songs on the website. They will be available on October 18th.
• CALLBACKS: if needed will be November 3rd at 6 p.m.
Rehearsals are after school Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 3:30-5:00 p.m. November 4th-January 12th then more often from January 13th-January 31st with late night and Saturday rehearsals. Performances February 1st-4th and possibly February 5th. A full rehearsal schedule will be available at the auditions.
This is a big time commitment but well worth it. Our students are phenomenal performers and we produce high-end productions. We want to give our students exposure different cultures and storytelling and The Lion King lends itself to be shared through ASL as well as music and dance.
The show is co-directed by Kristie Post Wallace (theatre teacher) and Anne Fife (deaf actress).
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.